Monday, August 06, 2007

6 days and counting

Good evening! It has been a very crazy day here. We headed out about 10:30 to run errands and didn't make it back home until 3:00. That included the grocery, the school, 1 target, 2 target, office depot, and the post office. It took 4 trips to find crayola 8 pack crayons. Can you believe that? I couldn't either. We did get the basement cleaned up tonight and the kids rooms started. I also managed to cook dinner and if you know me that was a feat.

You will be proud of me though I haven't cried yet. I do say yet bc I know it will happen. They are in seriously big trouble for the way they have been acting so next week might end up being a relief (for a little while---maybe and hour or two) My plan was to go to the pool, sit in the big people section and read until school was out, but John is taking off and spending the day with me. He has something planned but I don't know what. I'll let you know.

Some very exciting stuff going on with me on the creative front. I was asked to be quest designer for a local kit company and my work is up on their website. Here is the link: http://www.scrapbookloversdream.com/store/information.php?info_id=72 I am very honored they asked. They are a great group of girls I enjoy getting together with to scrap once a month.

In other news I'm just trying to find a job. I applied at the school, but I haven't heard back. Sometimes it takes awhile so it could be after school starts. I can also be a substitute which might not be bad. I'm also looking into photography at a couple of the local studios. Photography is such a big deal to me. I love to take pictures and try to capture that moment. I also love pictures. You will never come to my house and see a picture covering another picture. I don't believe in it. K I guess I'm rambling.

Let me tell you about the pictures.

Caroline's feet under the lemonade stand! Aren't they adorable. She has gorgeous feet.
Nick picking out folders for school...I finally talked him out of the lebron James basketball one and the nascar one. He settled for puppies and general sports ones.
This is caroline showing me the book she found in a cart is really a composition book. How does she know what that is? I have no idea John and I just looked at each other thinking she is right!
Here is the family at the lemonade stand. Pretty sophisticated huh? Caroline was the boss and Nick was the contractor that way he could leave when he wanted. How she came up with that I have no idea either. She had her cash drawer and pen and paper to keep track of how many customers she had. She gets it from John.

This is her writing down a customer. I think it was Uncle Steve who I called and asked to come down. He was a good sport and that was great. He even paid extra for his lemonade.
That is it. We are going to try to go to the pool in the morning before it gets to hot. If that is possible. It is 77 degrees in my house right now and my ac is on 67. I don't think it will ever cool off.
Oh well day 7 was crazy in our countdown, but I did get to mark a few things off my list. Maybe day 6 will be better.
PS: Please keep DeeDee Barfield and her family in your prayers. Steve is deploying on Wednesday to Iraq. If you don't know that is Melanie's sister and she has 4 young girls. He will be gone for about 6 months. She will need all the prayer we can give her over the next 6 months. We love you dd and think about you everyday. You are in our prayers and hopefully everyone else that reads this. You are strong and can do it. Keep the faith.


2 comments:

uhlsfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uhlsfam said...

i love the new template!!! you kicked it up a notch :-). love the pictures too! keep the updates a coming!