Saturday, January 21, 2006







Sorry, I'm late getting the blog done. I was at church longer than I thought I would be last night. And things are just crazy as always around here. Hey, Mom does this pic of Nick look familiar? This tractor was my tractor when I was little and I would ride it on the hill in Berea at my great-grandparents house. Boy are those old memories. The pic of Caroline was one she wanted me to take of her caring for her baby. Remember she is a little mom.

Yesterday morning I played tennis (yeah, my first day back in a few months). I did great and we start practice on monday for a team I will be playing on in August. I am very excited about that. We have been watching a lot of tennis on tv. The Australian open is on right now. Then we headed to Walmart and Dee's to look for supplies to make John's anniversary present. Today (saturday) is our anniversary and we have been married 5 years. We have always exchanged traditional gifts and this year is wood. What fun. So we decided to get creative and do something under $10 that is not a picture frame. So needless to say I had my idea all in my head, but had a little trouble finding the supplies. After two stops we found what I needed and headed home. It was such a nice day the kids headed out to play and started work on the anniversary project. Nick threw the ball over the fence on the nice neighbors side and when I put him over the fence to get the ball he started trying to make baskets. Of course then Caroline had to try. So here are pics of them trying. Nick got several in...who know maybe we are looking at a future UK players. Wouldn't you all enjoy that.

Here is a pic of our anniversary gifts. John got me this basket (I know Miss Judy don't have a heartattack, but you can't get a longaberger for under $10) and 2 dish towels and I made the shadow box. The #5 is wood and I painted it. I know....I am so creative. Anyway isn't that cute.

Sorry our post was late, just a lot going on. Hope everyone is good and enjoying the blog.

1 comment:

uhlsfam said...

the shadow box looks great! good job!!! hope you all had a good day.

Blog Archive