Saturday, January 14, 2006

Happy Saturday

Hope everyone is having a great day. It has been exciting around here. Aunt Mel called today from Idaho to talk to us for awhile....which was a wonderful suprise. She is doing great and having a great time with her family.

John and I got up this morning at 10:30 (before the kids) and I went to the bakery to get our favorite doughnuts. Not on the diet I know, but sometimes you just can't help yourself. After the kids got up and had breakfast, they headed downstairs to play with Dad and I went to Dee's (dd please don't be upset..only scrapbooking stuff today).

The event of the day besides the UK game and the NFL games was hanging a peg board in Caroline's room. We are not sure we like it yet, but we are letting it grow on us. John said it needed Aunt Mel's touch. So here are the pictures don't anyone laugh.

Caroline really likes it. We are not finished with it yet. We are going to hang a picture of her and Nick on it with some Pink ribbon in a white frame and some little buckets. Who knows what else.

John thinks Melanie needs to paint on it and personalize it and that maybe it needs to be framed. I just looked at him and said "can we wait until she gets back". I don't know if I can do it by myself. He trust Melanie's judgement more than mine, but of course I do too.

The kids were pretty grumpy today so they took a nap. I told them we would go to big lots and get a prize when they got up. Nick picked a blue motorcycle and Caroline got a fuzzy pink telephone. They are playing in her room right now.

Our friend Doug Jansen is visiting tonight and watching football with us. We look forward to hearing from all of you.

No comments:

Blog Archive