Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A quick update! For those of you that don't know....I fell Sunday at the creek in l'burg and broke my leg. I have a lovely green cast which I will have to wear until monday. Monday I go back to the dr and have it xrayed again to check it and then will have a cast for another week. Hopefully at that point I will get a walking cast. I will be in something for the next 6 weeks. Whoo Hoo!

The story: We went for Jaryn's bday and john and I decided to go early and take the kids fishing at the creek. We got to the creek got everyone bait and settled. I decided I could get great pictures of the kids from the other side of the creek. So I proceded to try to cross. The first step I took I fell. As I tried to get up I knew something wasn't right and told John I thought it was broken (i'm smart aren't I). IT took a little while to get me back up the embankment, but we made it. Took the kids to granny's and then went to Frankfort hospital. I saw the ortho here on Monday who said it is fractured in 2 places, but he also thinks I tore a ligament on the left side (opposite of fracture) which is why I'm in a hard cast. It has to remain stable for 2 weeks then I might be able to go into a walking cast. The reason I didn't get one from the start is bc of the ligament. I am supposed to keep it elevated and off of it as much as possible. I'm not very good at that, but the alternative is surgery and I don't want to have that. So I will sit here and be obedient and stay off my leg.

Oh yeah no pictures bc my brand new camera was in my pocket when I fell in the water and now it is dead. I think I'm most upset about the camera. I loved that camera. Oh well. I"m checking to see if it had any kind of warranty on it.

That is what is going on here. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I love you all! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: