Monday, February 18, 2008

Busy*ness!

Well after a week of the flu and a cancelled birthday party....I am better, but both kids are running fevers and very grumpy. Just my luck. We had big plans to visit the Uhls' today, but couldn't take the chance on making them sick again!

Here is the run down of the past week.

I had class on Wednesday night, where I got a B on my first essay! Whoo Hoo! I went back to "school" work on Thursday. I am back to work full time in a kindergarten class next door to the kids. It is very interesting and much different from 1st grade. But I'm enjoying it. It is good to be back to work and with the kids all day.

This weekend was busy with lots of homework (for me) and playing for the kids. We had a small family gathering at our house for the kids birthday. We had to cancel the party we had scheduled last weekend so The Potts' family came over this weekend. Here are the cakes they picked out this year. I made these cakes the weekend before and John wrapped them so I wouldn't have to make them again. Needless to say I wouldn't let anyone eat the cake. The kids had fun blowing the candles out several times and cutting the cake (that no one ate).



With our fevers and grumpyness we headed out today to Build a Bear. Caroline's favorite place in the world. Caroline made the new pink rainbow bunny and Nick made a puppy that barks and wags its tail. They are so cute when they get in that store.




Here they are dressing their new animals. Nick chose a Lville shirt, jeans and a leather jacket. Caroline chose a blue striped shirt, denim skirt and shoes.



I took these pictures to try and show how tall the kids have gotten. I can't believe my babies are 6.
I'm hoping everyone will be well enough to go to school tomorrow. I'm heading off to write another essay on Irish drama and the kids are getting ready for bed. My sickness saved you from my emotional*ness of the kids birthday. They had a great birthday despite me having the flu and are very happy to be 6 now. Caroline told me Friday morning on the way to school that she wasn't going to cry anymore bc she is 6 now. How long do you think that lasted??? Not long.

Alright off to do homework. Hope you are all well!

No comments: