Thursday, August 07, 2008

The HAPPENINGS

My 1st grade babies.


Ok we are into the official countdown to the start of school...4 days and counting. Yes, the summer has gone by incredibly fast. Too fast. I'm not finished enjoying my kids even though they hit a new nerve about every minute. We have had lots of family fun.
This week we:


*said goodbye to the first session of gymnastics. CAroline gets to move up to the Red Stars next week. She is very excited about that.


* NIck started baseball practice for fall ball. I can't begin to explain in words how excited he is.


* Nick was tested and is now reading on a level 3 (almost a 4). He was on zero at the beginning of summer.


*We shopped/stressed over uniforms. I officially finished yesterday. Nick outgrew all of his uniform wardrobe from last school year so he had to have all new. I had major trouble finding shorts. Thankfully JC Penney came through for me. I bought the same size shirt he has been wearing all summer and when he tried it on John looked at me and said I think he needs a bigger size. We are now wearing size 7 shirts and 7 shorts. Yes there are tears in my eyes as I type this.


* We spent a couple of evenings at the pool with Dad. Those are our favorite bc its not crowded, we eat dinner there, and mom and dad stay in the whole time. Awesome. Oh and Dad does flips off the diving board. Hillarious.


*I bought and finished this book . Even though I said I wasn't going to buy it Iwas going to wait for it to come out at the library. I folded and couldn't take it anymore, plus it was $12.99 at Walmart. Of the people I know reading it I am the first one finished, but it was awesome. I loved it.


*I put a lot of thought into the teachings of Beth Moore from the weekend and how to incorporate them into my daily life.


*Found a new favorite song. It's the kids new favorite too. "In the Sanctuary" sung by Travis Cottrell. Check him out he is awesome and Nick's favorite.


*Cleaned up the basement. Thank Goodness. It was driving me crazy. It is really bothering me bc I haven't made anything creative all summer. I have something in mind for a very special friend. Now that my desk is cleaned off I can get to it.


*STill have not heard anything from the school about the job I"m praying for. Hopefully tomorrow.




We go tomorrow for "Meet the Teacher Day". The kids will get to see their classrooms and where they will be sitting. We also get to take the 5 shopping bags sitting in my dinning room floor full of school supplies. I will be glad when they are out of the floor. Yes I said 5 bags. It is crazy what you have to take.




I forgot to post this picture, but these are really cool photo hangers from Photojojo. We hung them in Caroline's room over her desk. I wanted to put cool shots and art work on them, but as you can see she had a different idea. Look close you might see yourself. Or at least a couple of cute babies.


I ordered these cool chore cards from Aunt Mel here. The kids complete the chore and flip the card over. IT is easy for them to know what they need to do and easy for me to know what they have done.

Tomorrow (Friday): We meet the teacher, see Dr. Abbott to make sure Nick is doing ok and on the right meds, get haircuts, and watch the opening ceremony for the olympics. We might hit the pool in there somewhere too. We will definitely enjoy this last weekend of summer break with Dad. Next week back to school. HOpefully I will be going with them. I'm also very grateful I'm not feeling the same way I did this time last year. I'm much more comfortable with the kids being in school although I'm still very sad about them being so old and how fast it is going by. I will take lots of pictures this weekend to share.

3 comments:

melodie said...

Your babies have gotten so big! I can't believe they will be in first grade! cute smiles.

lesley said...

i love your kids

lesley said...

So the basements looks great. how does it look now?