Saturday, January 05, 2008

Family Movie Night! / New Year's Eve

Hope you enjoyed my Christmas pictures.
We decided this year we wanted to have a family movie night. We chose Underdog for our first movie. As I was keeping up with my blogs I ran across this idea. So I copied it.


Here we are in our capes. I made these out of a $1 plastic table cloth. I also made dog biscuit sugar cookies using a candy cane cookie cutter. I cut the curve off the candy cane and then rolled balls of dough and put them on the ends. Here are the before and after. They were very good.

The kids loved doing "something" special for the movie. Caroline said it was the best night of her life. Isn't that funny. We all wore our capes and ate cookies while watching the movie. We plan on doing this every week.

Before I new it New Year's Eve was here. It was a cold day here and we stayed in most of the day. We decided to eat veggie soup, go see Alvin and the chipmunks, roast marshmallows, and then ring in the new year with Dick CLark. We ate soup and made the movie. This is hillarious. If you haven't seen it yet you need to go. The focus on the family says there is bathroom humor and if you are curious what that is it is them talking about how big theodore's butt it and saying "Dave wears stinky underwear". If you can get past that it is the best kids movies I've seen in a while. We all really enjoyed it. When we left the movie it was pouring rain so the marshmallows were out for the night. We rang in the new year with Dick Clark, party poppers, and special toasting drink (sprite and Cherry flavoring). It was a special night for us as a family. The kids learned all about new years and enjoyed all the popping and special drinks. One serious thing we did was go around and tell our favorite parts of the past year. It warmed my heart to hear the kids tell theirs. They were very sweet.

Yesterday we spent the day in Lex. with the Uhls' Family. I will update the pics tomorrow. Hope you enjoy this.

No comments: