Monday, October 13, 2008

drums, gymnastics, and tea!

The weekend was full and fun. We started Friday night off with Nick starting drum lessons. Wow, was he excited. The practicing, "is too hard Mom." is mostly what I hear. I guess that is par for the course. His teacher is teaching him how to hold the sticks and cross his hands while playing the snare and cymbal.

Saturday was orientation for the College of Education. Let's talk about the hoops. I can't believe some of the things I have to do. Oh well it will be worth it "ONE DAY". Then I rushed home to get ready for the American Girl Tea Party. We went with Lily and her mom Pam. You will not believe I didn't take my camera, but I didn't. The tea was at Churchill Downs and I didn't want to carry it all afternoon. After we got there I couldn't believe I didn't take it. There were so many wonderful opportunities to take pictures. The girls had their dolls hair styled. We got to look at the accessories and dolls up close and personal. This was Caroline's favorite. If anybody wants to send $250 I'll order it for her. Ha ha! After the styling and looking we were seated at a round table for 8 with pink everywhere. We were served turkey and cheese, pimento cheese, and pbj finger sandwiches, fruit and cookies, and there was a basket on each table with bags of carmel corn, smarties, gummy bears, and jolly ranchers. The fashion show was the big event of the tea and we got to see each doll as a real person modeling. They also showed their pj's, holiday outfits, and original. After the show all the girls came back out and sat on the runway and signed autographs. It was so totally cool, especially for a 6 yr old. CAroline had a look of amazement on her face through the whole thing. I so wish I had my camera.

Sunday was cleaning and reading. I'm trying to finish a book for a class on slave religion (horrible) and we went to eat dinner with Jennifer. It was good to get to spend some time with her.

We welcomed a new "blair" to the family on Friday night. Zachary Todd is Joey and Sara's newest family member. Isn't he gorgeous?

We also found out Sunday night Chris and Beth are expecting another baby in May. Katherine turned one year old this week. Happy Birthday Katherine.

Nick is still having problems in class at school so we saw the Pediatrician on Tues. and talked about ADHD and auditory processing problems. She sent me home with a packet of papers to fill out, for the teacher to fill out and Ms. Hunt (last years teacher) to fill out. We filled them out and faxed them in and Dr. Abbott's conclusion is "his primary problem is not ADHD." We have been referred to a psychologist for psyco-educational testing. Please keep him in your prayers. Our goal is to figure out what the problem is and start fixing it. His teacher this year loves Him (of course) and is very supportive and willing to do whatever we need her to do in class. This week she will be giving him his spelling test orally instead of on paper. We are very blessed to be working with such great supportive people.

Ok I have gone on enough tonight. Here are some fun pictures of Caroline practicing gymnastics in the basement.

1 comment:

melodie said...

Will be praying for Nick... Hope you can get some answers and get on track. Look forward to seeing his band in concert one day with him on drums. Love the gymnastics- Caroline