Sunday, September 14, 2008

IKE*hits home!

We have survived the wind that mercilessly attacked us today. John and the kids were out in the yard working on a paint spill when I went out and said "guys I think you need to come in" before we had time to move we heard a very loud crack and one of our trees fell across the yard a limb hit me in the back and on the arm and a limb hit Caroline in the leg and scrapped and bruised it. It scared all of us tremendously. Needless to say we packed up and headed to Helen and Dave where we still are. The news is saying our electric will be out for an extended amount of time and SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED TOMORROW. At this point there are 200 schools and more than 200,000 homes without power. We are thankful nothing hit our house and we just have alot of yard work to do. We know many people with major damage to their homes.

Ok I've been gone for awhile so let me get you caught up. It has been a MAJOR ADJUSTMENT working full-time, going to school, and having 2 kids. I love my job. The teacher and I get along great and I love the kids I have this year. Of course I already have several favorites that just make me smile everyday. One of the few down points is I have to deal with a lot "potty" accidents. I've decided they are too shy to tell someone they have to go to the bathroom. My school has been difficult this 6weeks. I will be glad when it is over. I only have 3 general study classes left and I will be glad when they are over. I'm ready to move on. I am in the process of applying for the College of Education. No they don't just let you in because you say you want to teach. I have to have 5 recommendations, go through an interview, and write an essay. Hopefully I will be accepted and start classes in January.

Enough about me. Caroline is doing great. She loves her teacher and the teacher loves her. She is reading above average and can spell a word after looking at in once. She is still going to gymnastics, piano, and Girl Scouts will start the 1st week of October. She always looks so happy and is so excited because her best friend Lilly is in class with her. Mollie is across the hall too. Nick is not doing so good. He is having lots of trouble with spelling words and is behind in general. We knew that was probably going to happen, but it has been a little more difficult to deal with than I thought. He failed his hearing test, but we saw the ear dr this week and he passed the hearing test there and the dr said his ears look great. Our hope is he catches up quickly and is just having difficulty with the transition. 1st grade is very different from kindergarten. I know I wasn't prepared for it.

Ok I have pictures but I can't get the camera to download them so they will have to wait for another day. I hope you are all ok and safe. I will try to do better blogging.

No comments: