Saturday, September 20, 2008

The BIKE*era




Well things are getting back to as normal as possible at the Potts' house. Doug came over this morning with his chainsaw so the yard is almost cleaned up. We still have a huge limb hanging out of one of the trees that we are still figuring out what to do with.


The kids have learned a new trick this weekend......RIDING BIKES WITH NO, NO, NO TRAINING WHEELS! Yikes. I've been a nervous reck. Nick got on and took off the 1st time. Caroline has taken a little longer, but she finally got the hang of it this afternoon. I went to the grocery and restocked our frig this afternoon then we took the kids over to the school to ride bikes in the car rider lot. When we got there we saw about 5 electric trucks. The area our school is in was hit very hard so they are not all up and running yet. Check out the determination on her face! You will also see Nick's favorite pic below....we had to buy kickstands today for their bikes. Because a bike is not a bike without a kickstand.



After dinner we went to Target to look at costumes. Nick has decided on a fireman and Caroline is going to be Mitchie from Camp Rock.


This pic is of my living room wall. The quote was my bday gift from Melanie and I'm just now getting it on the wall. It was so easy and I love it.


The thing I have loved the most about our unexpected time off is being able to take pictures. I have got some awesome shots and gotten to do a lot of something I love. I would love to do this to the living room wall with my pictures. I love the way this wall looks and I love her photos. She is one of the photographers I follow. She takes awesome pictures.

More tomorrow....hopefully. I am going to try really hard to keep taking pictures even when we go back to school, work, school bc it is something I truly love.

3 comments:

Us! said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that wall too! and i love your shelves, and the quote is also a nice touch. not as nice as the person who gave it to you, but still. =0) will the kids go back to school monday?

lesley said...

yea Caroline ! looks like she has the hang of it Mollie will be so glad she is ready to "roll " wilth her.

lesley said...

great pics ! I like the first ones of the manly men doing manly things.