Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter and more!

First let me tell you a very funny story that only I could do. Friday I was boiling eggs for us to color and I burnt a dozen. You ask how do you do that? Well, let me tell you. I put them in to boil and walked away to straighten house, write a paper, and take care of the kids. I started smelling something and walked into the kitchen to find no water in pan and eggs with brown spots. Yes you can laugh. I still can't believe I did it. After burning the eggs we went to eat at our friday night spot (O'charleys) then to Helen and Dave's.
Saturday morning we colored eggs with Baby Katherine. She is now 6months old. Nick is her favorite and when he walks into the room she stops whatever she is doing to watch him. She is starting to coo alot too. CAroline spent much time reading to her which she loved.

This sums up the egg coloring. I forgot to take pics of the kids baskets, but they got swimsuits, goggles, sunglasses, flip flops, chalk, and a ring toss game. We went to Helen and Dave's on Sunday and I turned on the battery and it died. So I have no pics of Easter day! I can't believe it.

Saturday night we had family movie night which I also didn't get any pics of. We watched the Bee movie and it is great. We had these treats which were very good. I haven't decided what to watch for the next movie night, but I'll let you know. I will tell you the kids love it. They have a lot of fun with the treats and props.
I was in Dee's on Saturday and they have these that I'm dying for and I want these for Nick and these for Caroline. Then I found these when I went to the website for the above link. Lots to save for.
On to classes. All of them are hard, but for different reasons. In photography it is hard to enlarge the pictures and get them to look right. It is also difficult to take 3 or 4 rolls of film each week. I can tell you that I would never develope my own film. It is too much work and takes too long. Last night was so frustrating. I was trying to enlarge a pic of legos and I couldn't get it right. Tonight I have ethics and what about that isn't hard. This week I had to read 6 stories and write 1page summaries of each. That is not including the other projects we have to do before the end of the 6weeks. It is a good thing I'm not working at school right now. I took me all day yesterday and today to get the papers done. Oh well only 4 more classes. I can do anything 6 times.
Nick has recovered from his surgery and is doing great. He really enjoyed his time at home with me by himself. We really enjoyed each other. He went back to school Monday and was glad to see all of his friends. They all missed him.
Caroline got her dance recital costume yesterday. Are you ready? Sorry I will have to show it to you tomorrow. I don't have time to take the pics before I leave for school. I will tell you it is red. and very cute.
That is all for today.
PS if someone doesn't start leaving me some messages I'm going to quit blogging!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Us! said...

I can top the burnt eggs....Last year I EXPLODED mine! Literally. They were ALL OVER THE KITCHEN!~ It was (almost) the most smelly disgusting thing I have ever cleaned up. I think it was the grossest kitchen disaster ever. So, at least you caught yours before they exploded! And I am right with you on the crocs. My flip flops are going to have to be replaced this year. But the problem is there are too many I like! At least you have a place where you can go try them on. No such luck with the new styles here in Mtn. Home. =0(

uhlsfam said...

you are cracking me up - i'm reading, but more consistently reading is my HUSbAND - it's cracking me up! i think he has our blog as his home page and he just clicks away from there. he's keeping me up to date on a lot of things! love it! keep it going girl!