Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Florida fun

Sorry for the delay in posting. I still haven't found the cord that goes to my camera to download my pics to my computer. So I don't have any pics.

The kids have grown fins and gills. They have amazed John and me. They are jumping in with no fear and swimming to the side. I wish I had a video camera bc a picture would not do it justice. So much for my relaxing vacation (with my 4 books) by the kiddie pool. We were in the kiddie pool for a total of about an hour yesterday and the rest of the time in the big pool. I think pool life has forever changed. Just another sign they are growing up.

We have been keeping late hours so I have been letting them sleep in the morning. So it is about 10 or 11 before we get up and ready and out to the pool. It is hard to get 2 kids to go to sleep when your all in the same room. So John and Nick are sleeping in one bed and Caroline and me are sleeping in the other, which are a total of 4in (and I am not kidding) apart. We literally can hold hands across the gap.

OTher than swimming the only other thing we have done was go to downtown disney. They have an area that is geared towards kids. The kids loved that. Nick used his money to buy "Mack Truck" from the movie Cars. He has had more fun with it. Caroline bought princess that are like fashion pollys. They had the neatest toy store ever. You could build your own Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head, My LIttle Pony, Make Goof Candy., Princess crowns, and really cool stuff like that. They had a lego store that had an entire wall from top to bottom full of bins and you could fill your bucket up with as many legos as you could get to fit for a certain price. Outside they had a playground and an area where you play and build with legos. It was just really neat. We might go back tonight.

We miss everyone, but we are having fun. John started his meetings yesterday, but he is enjoying is first vacation as a father. I'm hoping bedtime will be a little easier when we get to the beach and we can sit on the balcony while the kids go to sleep or in the other room. In this hotel room you are right on top of each other. The kids are enjoying getting to sleep with us instead of each other.

That is all for now. I'm going to try to get a disc tonight so if I do I will update tonight and add some pictures.

No comments: