Thursday, February 09, 2006

Happy Birthday!





Happy Birthday to Caroline, Nicholas & Riley. How often is it the great friends have babies on the same day 2 years apart. Well, Melanie and I did it. It is fun getting to share birthdays and I think it is just a neat bond for the kids.

John has been out of town since tuesday so I felt bad because he wasn't here for the kids bday....SO I had a little present for them when they got up this morning. They got big magna doodles, coloring book, movie, and bouncy balls. They love those things. They bounce a bunch at one time and they go everywhere. It is crazy. After breakfast we got ready and went to Melanie's to celebrate. (Aunt Carol don't say anything to Granny about that. we were going to suprise her on the way home and stop to visit, but we think Caroline has pink eye). Monday we went to the dr for ear infections and Caroline's eye was red, runny, and goopy. Well, after we got to Mel's today it got worse. Then we took her temp and it was 100.4. I called the dr and had to wait for them to call me back. I decided we needed to get home and get Caroline some meds and some rest and I didn't want to give anything to Riley. So home we headed where we all took a 2 hour nap. Yes Mom included. We got up, ordered pizza and waited for Daddy to get home.
He finally arrived about 9:30. They were do excited to see him. Nick just kept say "I missed you Daddy". Isn't that cute.

Now we are trying to get them to bed, the nap isn't helping matters. We are having a party for them on Saturday if Caroline's eye is better. And Riley is having a party at his house. All in all I think the kids all had great birthdays.

Oh yes, I found out today we have some readers we didn't know about. So hello Shannon. I think it is great that you are keeping up with us.

In all the craziness at Mel's I didn't take any pictures there so you will need to check her blog to see pics of all the kids.

1 comment:

uhlsfam said...

you have got to get to posting - what is up? :-)