Monday, July 14, 2008

Purees, tattoos, and just stuff!

Let's start with this great pic of Jennifer and the kids. She spent the afternoon and night with us Friday. WE went swimming, played charades, and watched cartoons. We had a blast.

John met us at the pool and we had dinner there and played. John did his first ever flip off the diving board and of course I didn't have my camera. The kids loved it.





Saturday we hung out at the pool most of the day and then went for pizza. Sunday Nick woke up with a nasty barky cough so we hung around the house most of the day. We did go to Helen and Dave's for dinner. It was a great weekend.


While at the pizza place Caroline got these great tattoos from a vending machine. She had the great idea of putting them on her feet. So here they are. Hillarious. If you can't tell they are troy and gabriella from High School Musicl. We enjoyed taking these pictures. She is so funny!












I'm sure most of you have heard of this wonderful cookbook. John and me saw it on Oprah. You're nothing if you haven't been on Oprah! :) With Nick's horrible eating habits we thought it might be a good idea to give it a try. So I spent the morning pureeing sweet potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. This is what the bags look like.



I tried my first recipe for lunch today. Nick saw a picture of a bowl of chicken noodle soup and asked if I would make it. So that is what I tried first. Nick didn't like it because he just doesn't like the soup. Caroline, who I know likes Chicken noodle soup, loved it and ate a whole bowl.




Here she is eating it. Tonight we are making the frozen yogurt ice pops with strawberries. I will keep you updated on how it is going.











I had not posted a picture of Nick's paintings Aunt Mel did for his birthday. They are finally on the wall and look great. This is a pic of Nick sitting in his bed today. You know he is not feeling good when he is just sitting. The dr said he has junky lungs (pneumonia) and swimmers ear. HOpefully he will be feeling better tomorrow.














Here are some things I'm loving right now:


2. I love these necklaces. I want one that says double trouble or twinmadness or something corny like that.
and last but not least here is Nick hoola hooping. I think it is hillarious the way he moves his hips.

No comments: