Wednesday, April 02, 2008

a*JORDAN*update/Autism Awareness Day

Let me start by saying my sweet little Jordan has been on my mind a lot lately. So I got out the directory and emailed his Mom. She so kindly emailed me back with great news.
Look at that smile and those eyes!

Here we go: He is reading!!!!!! I can't tell you how huge this is. I'm amazed. It goes to show you how important one on one attention is for children with Autism. He is still touching everybody that walks by, but they are working on it. He has learned about consequences. For instance, the other day he wouldn't sit down so he didn't get to have a cookie for snack. The next day he told another little boy that if he didn't sit down he wouldn't get a cookie. I love it. He is so funny. She said she knew he missed me and she really appreciated my patience and work with him. I know this is what it is all about! I'm so thankful for her kind words.

It was so nice to hear from her. She told me she would continue to keep in touch.

I want you all to know that Jordan has made me think I want to specialize in Autism. That little boy stole my heart in the time I spent with him and I want to do something to honor him.

This is a little late, but today is Autism Awareness Day. Check here for more information. If you are looking for a charity to support please support Autism speaks. If you haven't noticed Autism is on the news everyday now. Your support will help a child like Jordan.

Ok I'm off my soapbox.

The kids are doing great. We had dentist apt today and all was good. Caroline still has to go to the orthodontist, but we knew that. No cavities for either. They got new toothbrushes and he told us to use the baby toothpaste and add a rinse with flouride. This is because Nick brushes his teeth with water bc he doesn't like the way toothpaste tastes. So if any of you are having that issue here is the answer. We are also counting down to spring break which starts on Monday. We are going to get to spend two days with dad and hopefully see The Uhls' family. Looks like we are going to have a lot of rain next week. Oh well. It will still be fun.

I'll leave you with this cute pic of Caroline sitting in front of the house last week when it was nice out reading. She is crazy! That's all from here.

No comments: