Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year


Well, it has been a while since I have updated the blog. I find it much easier to post a quick comment on facebook and go. But that doesn't really give you all the information or emotions that are taking place in this house. So here we go.


This holiday season was one of the best we have had. My family went to candlelight service at a Baptist church and it was unbelievable. At the end they started on one side and everyone lit their candles and the light spread around the church as we sand silent night. The feel of that moment still overwhelms me.

We got to visit with lots of family over the holiday, but did not get to see many friends because we were busy with out of town family. So were are going to start our new year out by making our good friends a priority.


The kids have grown so much this year and in 2 short months will turn 8 years old. I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!!!!! I'm not really sure where the time has gone. I am really struggling with how fast they grow. In the middle of all the craziness I do get glimpses of how it will be when Caroline is older. The other night we were walking the dogs, just the 2 of us, and she looked up at me and said, "Mom I like it when it is just you and me, and we can talk and just enjoy ourselves." I know we will go through a rough season where I am not her favorite person or she might not even want to be in the same room with me, but I believe we will get back to the above comment soon. I love that girl.


I don't really have that type of story for Nick, but I can tell you that my boy has the biggest heart of anyone I know. It is even bigger than mine and I love, love, love that about him. He is always thinking of others and how he can help or what he can do special or just how he can make them smile. Ah the words can not even express how he makes my heart feel.


I'm really looking forward to this year....this time NEXT year I will embarking on student teaching and 15 weeks away from graduation! I can not wait!!!!! I know it will feel long and drawn out at some times and like it is flying by at others. I just can't wait to have this huge accomplishment behind me and be in the same classroom everyday with those sweet kids I know are out there.


I have a couple of resolution I am going to share with you and a couple I am not going to share with you. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself with a couple of them. But the ones I can tell you about include: 1. I'm going to be more creative. Creative is my word of the year for 2010. 2. 365 pic a day. I am going to do my best to take one picture everyday. Even when it is crazy and the picture really doesn't amount to anything I'm still going to try to take one. I love to look back at them. 3. I"m going to take more pictures with my big fancy camera and try to get better at it. I would also like to take a class on photography and photoshop (if you know of any let me know) It is something that I really enjoy and would love to continue to do.


God has blessed me greatly over the last 10 years and if I tried to list them I would leave someone or something out. You know who you are and if you are part of my life you know what they are. Thank you to my very good friends that are always there for me with a shoulder, an inspiring word, or just to be a good role model. You have been extremely helpful. I love you all very much.

I am also thankful for my family and how wonderful they are. We are not all perfect, but we are still trying and still loving each other.


HOpe you all have a wonderful new year and a great new year.

1 comment:

melodie said...

I loved this post, girl. I can relate to the mother daughter connection. Nothing hurts more and also feels better than watching them grow up. Hope you get your photo classes and take a pic everyday. Great to see you last month. Happy 2010